The Brand Story Workshop is a comprehensive engagement that includes research methodologies to gain a deeper understanding of your consumer audience AND creative executions to show how your strategy can be brought to life.
For those brands ready to truly take things to the next level, this comprehensive workshop is the full package – insights, strategy, story, and path to growth.
Who is a Brand Story
This workshop is perfect for businesses that are growth-minded, ready to significantly scale their business, and intent on taking a leadership position in their category.
You have a baseline understanding of who your audience is but need greater clarity around how to appeal to them emotionally in order to:
- Establish a distinguishable and ownable Brand Story in the marketplace
- Bring greater clarity and consistency to your communications
- Efficiently engage new audiences while creating greater loyalty among current audiences
- Steal market share from your competitors
- Make sales easier
- Become a leader in your category
How do you benefit?
- Know exactly who your audience is and what they need from you
- Be able to clearly differentiate yourself from the competition
- Have a comprehensive brand strategy and story for your business
- Have a compelling value proposition that can be used by sales teams, customer service, marketing or finance teams to grow the business
- Understand how to use your brand story throughout the sales funnel
- Be able to visualize how your strategy and story can be brought to life through various sales channels
- Understand how to efficiently and effectively implement your strategy and story throughout your organization
What will we do?
Stakeholder Survey & Brand Audit
A week before our workshop starts, I will send you and your participating Stakeholders (up to 8 total people) a Discovery Survey. This survey will be completed by each stakeholder independently at least 3-days in advance of our session. The purpose of this survey is to understand how each stakeholder sees the business from their unique point of view including:
- Short-term business goals
- Ultimate business objectives
- Opportunities and challenges
- Audience definition
- Key competitors
Additionally, I will send you a link to a Google Drive folder where you can upload any pertinent brand documents you want me to review, such as: visual identity, existing marketing materials, existing market research, marketing strategies, sales materials, etc.
Before our first session, I will review all the survey responses, incorporate all necessary learning into the workshop materials for discussion, and conduct a thorough review and audit of your current brand and/or marketing materials.
On workshop day, we work together in a 2-3 hour session to identify how the brand sees itself, how it wants to grow, and what it wants to achieve. This session will include:
- Reviewing the key components of a strong brand, the importance of consistency, and effective storytelling techniques.
- Reviewing your team’s responses to the Discovery Survey, ensuring alignment on key success metrics
- Identifying challenges and opportunities for brand growth
- Exploring brand personality and tonality
Upon completion of the workshop, I will kick off my internal Consumer Insights team to:
- Conduct a thorough brand, competitor, and category audit
- Design secondary and/or primary research methodologies to gain a deeper understanding of your existing and potential audience(s) and what their key emotional motivators are
When research is complete, my Consumer Insights team will prepare an Opportunity Presentation for you and your team that highlights key insights that were uncovered in our research – culminating in identifying the greatest opportunities that exist for your brand.
We then leverage these greatest opportunities to create 2-3 strategic brand directions you can uniquely own. These Springboards are brought back to you and your team for review and discussion. We ultimately align on a single strategic direction to flesh out into a succinctly articulated Brand Strategy.
Your final brand strategy will define:
- Who you are
- The problem you solve in the marketplace
- Your Big Idea (the single one thing you stand for in the marketplace)
- Your Unique Value Proposition
- Your common enemy
- Your brand attributes
- Your brand pillars
- Reasons to believe
- Your target audience(s) and what we want them to feel, know, and do
- The emotional void or desire we are fulfilling for our customers
Finally, my internal Creative Team and I will develop your brand story – demonstrating how your strategy can be brought to life through consumer-facing creative executions. This will include tagline recommendations and ad-like objects that are relevant to your business such as:
- Traditional advertising
- Marketing materials
- Digital advertising executions
- Point of sale materials
- Social media assets
NOTE: Creative concepts are simply examples of how the idea can be brought to life using sample imagery. You will not receive final, execution-ready files. If you are interested in having my team create useable advertising and marketing materials for you, that will be proposed under a separate scope of work through my full-service agency WMH.
What you get
- Business goals – long-term and short-term
- Success evaluation metrics
- Greatest marketplace opportunities that exist for your company and are supported by research findings
- Audience profile – A single document highlighting who your audience is (demographics and psychographics) and what they need from your brand
- Brand overview – A concise document that distills how your brand differentiates itself in the marketplace
- Brand overview – A simple visualization of your brand’s messaging hierarchy
- Elevator pitch – A succinct statement that allows you to quickly articulate your brand’s value proposition to potential customers
- Brand story – Creative executions that demonstrate how to bring your strategy to life through storytelling
- Audience personas + narrative matrix – How to effectively engage your unique audience groups with your brand story
- Creative Campaign – Proof-of-concept creative elements to show how the campaign can come to life (e.g. video/television, radio, digital, print, direct)
- Go-To-Market plan – Our recommendations on how to effectively engage your new and existing audiences to achieve your business goals
- Video recordings of all sessions
- Quarterly check-ins from me for the next 12 months.
”I originally reached out to Bill for a redesign of my completely outdated website. What I received was a holistic revamp of my personal and professional brand that was sorely needed. Bill gently led me through a process of discovery that resulted in a new name, a new look and a renewed focus. I could not be happier with the results and sing his praises as my “brand guru” to everyone.Karin ReedFounder & CEO - Speaker Dynamics